Some of My Favorite Things
August 26, 2013 22 Comments
Courtney tagged me not (too) long ago and invited me to answer the following questions. I finally have and now I am tagging 5 other people to answer them (see bottom of the post).
Have a great week!
5 Things I Have a Passion For
- Teaching – My mother is a teacher and so is my younger sister. Thinking it runs in the family.
- Learning - I never want to stop learning!
- Helping Others – It is so, so, so much better to give than receive!!
- Blogging/Writing - ’Nuf said, right?
- Having a happy marriage/family – THE most important thing. ♥
Five Things I Would Like To Do Before I Die
- Make a beautiful quilt for each of our children to have when they’re married.
- Learn to play the piano. And play it well.
- Travel to Brazil to see the statue of Christ.
- Live in Ireland for 6 months – year.
- Have a wonderful, full-size garden and grow our own vegetables.
Five Things I Say A Lot
- “Oh my word!”
- “Okay, just a minute…”
- “Do your schoolwork!”
- “Where is Samuel?!”
Five Things I Read
Recently and Recommend
- A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin
- Sea Glass by Anita Shreve
- The Endearment by Lavyrle Spencer
- The Midford Series by Jan Karon
- Winter of our Discontent, Tortilla Flat, Of Mice and Men….all by John Steinbeck
Five of my Favorite Movies
- Under the Tuscan Sun – Italy. She moves to Italy and buys a home. Makes it her own. Makes new friends. LOVE this one!
- JAWS – Come on, it’s JAWS!! How can you not love it? Scares me to bits, but I adore it. I’m scared of the ocean, but…
- Twister – I am a serious tornado fan so this movie ROCKS to me!
- Back to the Future (the trilogy) – I can watch these over and over and never tire of them.
- Titanic – Yes, I said it. I adore this film.
Five Places I Would Love to Travel
- Lake Tahoe
Five Bloggers I’m Tagging For This Thing